Friday, August 23, 2013

ART.

Do you ever feel so passionate about something that you can't even put it into words?

Every single day.


My true passion is art. And I'm not meaning just portraits or paintings on the wall, although I do appreciate those completely. (Kelly Rae Roberts!) When I say art, I mean art of all kinds.

My number one passion is dancing. There is a happiness I feel when I dance that I haven't found anywhere else in my life. And I'll be completely honest, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't wish I pursued a dancing career. The harsh reality is, my ankles won't let me, and neither will my mind. I'm a person who needs a plan. Dancing is something I won't ever quit doing, but having a dancing career isn't stable enough to ease my mind. Creates unnecessary stress. It breaks my heart that I'm that way. I just want to dance.

I also love with my whole heart the art of writing. I'm a bookworm through and through. I always have at least three books I'm reading at one time, and I'll read anything and everything. I love the idea of creating a world with your mind. Sounds cheesy, I know, but reading takes me to a place where I'm so carefree without a worry in the world. Takes me away from my reality. I'm working on my library (which I must say is quite impressive so far). And honestly, I'd rather spend money on books than anything else. Also, if you know me, then you know that bookstores (particularly Barnes & Noble) are my favorite stores to shop.

Obviously I love paintings and that kind of art as well. My room is full of paintings and mixed media art, by the one and only Kelly Rae Roberts. There is something about her art that I connect with. She is such an amazing human with a natural gift for creating something inspiring to others. If you haven't seen her art, I suggest you look it up. She's my number one.

One of the biggest forms of art I love is music. I'm addicted to songs. I'm addicted to lyrics. I'm addicted to it all. I download more music that any person should. That's all I have to say about that. I love it more than a lot of things in my life.

The truth of it all, is that mostly everything can be classified as art. There is beauty in everything, and I honestly appreciate others gifts and talents, especially if they choose to share them with the world. I think that we all just want to feel connected with others. We want to find a way to understand each other on a deeper level. Art is one way that we can do that. I think without it I'd be lost.



"You just have no idea. When I say that writing has saved my life, I am not speaking metaphorically. I believe that without music, without dance, without art, I would already be gone."

No comments:

Post a Comment